Sunday, May 18, 2008

Geek is the new Hunk


I went for drinks with a few friends tonight, and as most conversations between women go, this one turned to men. I've recently found myself single, and one of my good friends insists on setting me up with this guy she works with. Only problem is, I keep telling her this guy is not my type. He is too "perfect" looking, if that even makes sense.

I just am not into this whole "metro sexual" thing that is happening with guys right now, and this particular one looks like he spends way too much time in front of the mirror. So what is my friend's response to this? "Oh D, your are so shallow for judging this guy by his looks"

Umm...excuse me? I'm too shallow because I won't go on a date with a guy who goes to the gym everyday, goes to tanning salons, and has a wardrobe that could probably fill up every closet in my house! Then fine, I'm shallow.

All my previous boyfriends have had a similar style I suppose. You could say they were all geeky looking ;) I can't help it, I love seeing a guy wearing the buddy holly style glasses. I like a guy who's well informed on current events and news, but still finds some time to play his silly video games and shout at the tv like an angry child, when the game isn't going his way. A man who can probably recite the entire Star Wars trilogy by heart. A guy who would rather go to a pub, or just have drinks at home instead of going to the hottest newest club in town. I just want a guy who doesn't give a rat's ass what the hell he looks like. As long as he's clean though! Yeah you need to take a shower!

So does that make me shallow? Maybe. I suppose I wouldn't like being dismissed by a guy just because I didn't fit his "mold" of the perfect girlfriend. Honestly though, I don't think I should force myself to go on a date with a guy I'm 100% sure I have nothing in common with. In fact, this guy is more my friend's type. So why the hell is she setting ME up with him??

Yep, I think I need to have a talk with her...

2 comments:

Rosebud Collection said...

If you don't feel like you will enjoy his company..don't go..It would make for an uncomfortable evening..Go with your gut..

Diane said...

Yeah I'm really not into this whole idea of the hookup. I agree it would be uncomfortable. I'm going to tell her, so she better stop insisting! Thanks for commenting!!