Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Look Ma, I'm gardening!


My crown gourds are finally growing!! So is my Arugula!! I can't wait to bring these babies outside. If only the weather permitted it! It's early may and we're still freezing half the time. GRRRRR

At least, I can finally walk around the garden centers in town. I've been going a bit crazy buying new herbs (haha!) I've got my basil, sweet marjoram and oregano to add to the garden. Right now, I'll just let them consume the kitchen with scent!

My main issue this summer though, will be to fill the front of the house with new plants. Damn grubs ate all the lawn! Since this seems to recur, I'm giving up on lawn, I just want perennials plants and shrubs now. It'll look prettier at least.

1 comments:

Rosebud Collection said...

Well, you are off to a good start..We can't put anything in the garden yet, only peas/lettuce..Never know if we will get a frost.