Monday, May 19, 2008

Mmmmmm Mmmmm Good

From now on, I'm going to try to organize this blog a little more. I decided I would assign each day to a particular subject matter. Like on Monday's (like today!) I will focus on my culinary experiments. I still haven't decided the order of the rest of the week, but I know I'll be incorporating sewing, needlework (knitting, crochet etc...), recycling and other miscellaneous crafts.

Ok but now back to the cooking!

Today, I decided I would try out something new for supper. I knew I was going to have salmon, but just didn't feel like just seasoning it with some pesto like I always do. That's when I came up with this delicious recipe (I swear it really is good!)



Fast and Easy Creamy Salmon

Ingredients:
4 Salmon steaks
3/4 cup of Milk
1/2 container of Philadelphia Vegetable dip
1/2 Cucumber, chopped
Fresh Dill, chopped
salt

First, put a little bit of salt on your salmon steaks, not too much, just to flavor. Heat a little bit of extra virgin olive oil on a pan and cook your salmon on it. About five minutes each side, or until fully cooked. In a small saucepan, pour milk and add your philly veggie dip. Cook until dip is all melted, then add your cucumber and dill, and let sit for a while. Once your salmon is ready simply pour your sauce over it and serve. It is delicious!

I served it with some rice, and I was really impressed at how good the veggie dip was for the salmon. Anyways hope you enjoy this recipe. OH and by the way the picture isn't of my recipe, but it's similar enough! haha....

Check back tomorrow, to see what I decided would be the "Tuesday Topic" ;)


6 comments:

Connie said...

that looks good!

Diane said...

It's great! This is definitely staying in my cooking rotation lol

Tia Colleen said...

mmmmmm. salmon. that looks yummylicious.

Anonymous said...

Wow! That looks yummy ... and here I am feeding the family BLT's :)

Diane said...

it really is great, and it is soooo easy to make, you can do it under 15 minutes

OracleClothier said...

Hey, awesome! Cant wait to try this